Business Development Director
IGEN is searching for a Business Development Director with sales experience in Motor Fuel Excise Tax and/or Sales and Use corporate regulatory compliance. If you would like to submit your resume, please complete the form below.
Company: IGEN, is a software provider offering the petroleum industry a uniquely designed motor fuel excise tax filing solution. IGEN provides the most complete, robust, and configurable motor fuel excise tax software available. IGEN has designed a suite of tools that gives complete flexibility to create workflows which enable clients to import and cleanse their transactional data, harmonize with master data, perform extensive validations and handle compliance reporting and filing needs. Our team excels at thinking outside the box to design efficient yet robust tools to bring innovation to life.
Description: As a Business Development Director, you will have the opportunity to work with our skilled team of Software Engineers, Analysts, Implementers, Developers and Quality Control Specialists to market and sell the IGEN motor fuels excise tax reporting solution. In addition, you will develop and grow the relationships with existing clients to provide them with deeper services. Join the IGEN Team in this challenging and rewarding position and help IGEN to bring the next generation filing solution to industry.
Goals for this role include driving revenue growth and market share, maintaining high client loyalty, and meeting gross margin goals. The Business Development Manager will work to understand client business needs, partner with our delivery team, and develop the solutions that enable business success.
- Demonstrate the company’s values.
- Develop relationships efficiently with a cross section of clients – including strategic and enterprise clients.
- Execute the sales process from prospecting to close. A portion of this book of business is with existing clients that already have a relationship with IGEN.
- Identify, qualify and close new business opportunities; define and research new target organizations and establish sales contacts through various sources within identified target markets.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, offerings, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Assess client’s business models, market position, competition, customers and prospects in order to effectively develop sales strategy for each potential and existing client. Responsible for partnering with clients to establish opportunities for growth with their technology capabilities.
- Manage communication with clients throughout all aspects of the sales process which includes but is not limited to scheduling and leading client meetings, negotiation of services, providing status reports, high level requirements gathering of service opportunities and responding to inquiries.
- Manage all aspects of the internal contract process which includes but is not limited to proposal development, review, client presentation, negotiation of statements of work and final contract execution. Communicates all stages of the sales process with appropriate internal teams.
- Complete sales opportunity status reporting throughout the entire sales process for informational and billing purposes. Prepare periodic sales reports showing volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansions. Review and analyze sales performance against programs, quotes and plans.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to maintain records on leads, opportunities, and proposals.
- Attend industry events to promote the company’s image and services.
- Perform any special duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 5+ years of experience with B2B product sales to strategic and enterprise accounts
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Information Systems or other applicable discipline
- A passion for delighting clients by adding value and being highly proactive
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales goals, closing skills, territory management, prospecting skills, negotiation, self-confidence, product/service knowledge, presentation skills, and client relationships
- Ability to follow established internal processes to help organization effectively service clients after the close of the sale
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Motor Fuels Excise Tax or Sales and Use Tax experience is a plus
- Able to work with clients of varied technical backgrounds and management levels
- Must have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
Travel: With clients and prospects located across the country, travel is required for 25-50% of the time. Attending annual tax conferences will be required.
EEO Statement: IGEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities, qualified veterans, women and minorities.