For distributors, wholesalers and manufacturers of e-cigarettes and vapor products, the rush to become compliant with recent regulations can be overwhelming and complex.
That’s why we compiled this list of industry resources.
Explore filing requirements for excise tax compliance, see the tax rates for jurisdictions you sell in, and find industry associations.
Federal registration resources
State department of revenue links for filers
Take a look at jurisdiction websites below. You’ll be able to access forms, form instructions and worksheets for tax on e-cigarettes and vapor products. Apply for a licenses, find out how to file, and see due dates for returns.
For some jurisdictions websites, registering for vapor products will be located under the tobacco tax section so the links may take you directly to the tobacco section of their website.
- Alabama Department of Revenue
- Alaska Department of Revenue
- Arizona Department of Revenue
- Arkansas Department of Finance & Administration
- California Department of Tax & Fee Administration
- Colorado Department of Revenue
- Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
- Delaware Division of Revenue
- District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue
- Florida Department of Revenue
- Georgia Department of Revenue
- Hawaii Department of Taxation
- Idaho State Tax Commission
- Illinois Department of Revenue
- Indiana Department of Revenue
- Iowa Department of Revenue
- Kansas Department of Revenue
- Kentucky Department of Revenue
- Louisiana Department of Revenue
- Maine Revenue Services
- Comptroller of Maryland
- Massachusetts Department of Revenue
- Michigan Department of Treasury
- Minnesota Department of Revenue
- Mississippi Department of Revenue
- Missouri Department of Revenue
- Montana Department of Revenue
- Nebraska Department of Revenue
- Nevada Department of Revenue
- New Hampshire Department of Revenue Administration
- New Jersey Division of Taxation
- New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department
- New York State Department of Taxation and Finance
- North Carolina Department of Revenue
- North Dakota Department of Revenue
- Ohio Department of Taxation
- Oklahoma Tax Commission
- Oregon Department of Revenue
- Pennsylvania Department of Revenue
- Rhode Island Division of Taxation
- South Carolina Department of Revenue
- South Dakota Department of Revenue
- Tennessee Department of Revenue
- Texas Comptroller
- Utah State Tax Commission
- Vermont Department of Taxes
- Virginia Department of Revenue
- Washington State Department of Revenue
- West Virginia State Tax Department
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue
- Wyoming Department of Revenue
Free E-Course: Building Your Plan for PACT, Licensing & Reporting
Click here to access three free videos hosted by our president, Ryan Padget, with tax and regulatory attorney Dov Seewald.
Age verification for vape & e-cig e-commerce
Stay up-to-date on tax legislation, find resources on filing requirements, and more.
- Federation of Tax Administrators (FTA) - Organized in 1937, the FTA provides research information to improve the quality of the state tax administration. These types of services include intergovernmental and interstate coordination, training, and research and information exchange.
- Tax Foundation - The Tax Foundation is the nation's leading independent tax policy nonprofit since 1937. Their goals are to improve lives through tax policies that allow for opportunity and growth.
Join industry associations.
- TMA - Representing tobacco and nicotine, this non-profit source offers its subscribers various conferences, webinars, meetings, publications and more.
- American Vaping Association - The AVA has the latest updates from legislation regarding vape laws and regulations.
- Vapor Technology Association - The VTA represents manufacturers, wholesalers, smaller businesses, and entrepreneurs to protect them by ensuring long-term success in the vape industry.
- VaporVoice - Provide ENDS distributors, manufactures, wholesalers, and retailers with resources on updated legislation, regulations, product development and news studies.
- VapingDaily – Showcases the latest updates in the vape industry and all aspects in vape culture in addition to technology updates.
- VapingPost – Online publication specializing in e-cigarette and vape news since 2011.
- Vaping360 - Keeps you up to date on the latest vaping regulations, news, studies and more.
More resources from IGEN
Tobacco tax information compiled by the FTA
For more on general state information, tobacco directory by state map, license information, cigarette & tax stamp information, and PACT Act reporting, check out this document complied by the Federation of Tax Administrators.